Information notice on the processing of personal data
ZeeTim and its subsidiaries (collectively “ZeeTim”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and while using our products and services (“Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to ZeeTim websites and Solutions that link to or reference this Privacy Statement and describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information. Additional information on our personal information practices may be provided in offer descriptions, privacy data sheets, or other notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
What is Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), social media account information, or payment card number.
It may also include device identifiers, data and telemetry (such as IP or MAC address) when such data is linked or tied to a specific person’s device.
If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. We also acquire personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information on our behalf.
We collect personal information for a variety of business reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending and managing marketing communications and preferences.
- Creating an account.
- Provisioning websites and Solutions and enabling the use of certain features.
- Personalizing, improving and enhancing user experience and Solutions.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
- Administering online education, testing and certifications.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information collected across our websites and Solutions from you over time with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve accuracy and completeness and allows us to better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide ZeeTim with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or by contacting us. In some instances, ZeeTim and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website or Solution and to help personalize features, content or offers for you. Please read the “Cookies and Other Web Technologies” section below for more information.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending notices, marketing and other communications, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our websites and Solutions and user experience.
- Personalizing websites and Solutions, newsletters and other communications.
- Administering and processing your training and certification exams.
- Managing your relationship and interactions with ZeeTim.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from ZeeTim or from our partners.
You can modify your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
- We need your help to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- Some ZeeTim entities may act as or be considered “data controllers.” When a ZeeTim entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws.
If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request or need more time, we will provide you with an explanation.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our business, programs, website, and Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that mailing.
- By sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain programs, websites, and Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the use of the program, website, or Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with ZeeTim business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about websites, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of ZeeTim sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
By using our websites, Solutions, or otherwise engaging or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, securing, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within ZeeTim and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for the purposes of data processing, such as marketing, business operations, security, website or Solution functionality, or storage.
- With ZeeTim business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out of ZeeTim sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested website, Solution, service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of ZeeTim, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. ZeeTim implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
Like many websites and web-based Solutions, ZeeTim can use automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools can collect certain standard information that your browser sends to us (e.g., Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, clickstream behavior, and telemetry).
These tools help make your visit to our website and Solutions easier, more efficient, and personalized. We also use the information to improve our website and Solutions and provide greater service and value.
For more information, or if you would like to opt out of interest-based advertising, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on the websites you visit.
Forums and Chat Rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on a website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither ZeeTim nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. ZeeTim is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. For any question or request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZeeTim encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. ZeeTim does not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
Filling a claim
We make every effort to respect the RGPD to ensure the security of your personal data.
Nevertheless, in case that you wish to fill a claim, you are entitled to do so to the supervisory authority.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to this ZeeTim Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act and the European Regulation 2016/679 (RGPD), you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right of cancellation
- Right to limit this treatment
- Right to oppose this treatment
- Right to portability of your data
In order to request the exercise of your rights, you can contact us at email@example.com
In this request, please specify your surname, first name, email address, company and the nature of the rights you want to exercise.
Duration of conservation
Personal data is kept for 3 years if you do not respond to any of our requests.
How to Contact Us
Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us :
15 bis, rue Frédéric Joliot Curie